Rasputin
05-05-2014, 08:07 PM
So who's tuning in to The Island with Bear Grylls? Whoops ch 4

Grotzilla
05-05-2014, 08:08 PM
Not many people as it's on channel 4! :p

ian c
05-05-2014, 09:11 PM
Have just watched the last part of it, so have put it on to record on channel 4+1 so can watch it later.

robmac
05-05-2014, 09:12 PM
A couple of them were wearing glasses and they had brilliant sunshine! could have started a fire in minutes with no effort.

Also, why did everybody just sit around waiting for the fire to get lit? They didn't even start thinking about food until nearly the end of the day!

Rasputin
05-05-2014, 09:48 PM
24 hrs after landing.. No fire no water and most of them are lying around on the beach like its going to come to them, der wake up and smell the coffee. Unbelievable ! Apparently they all had a 1 day survival training course ?

Chubbs
05-05-2014, 10:50 PM
I watched it all,not impressed. Wondering how far away the stocked up fridge was.

Swimming in the sea while thirsty ??. Getting a tan on the beach while its 35 degrees without a drink ??.

Ferrell freddy
05-05-2014, 11:02 PM
Had to post something about this in another group, yes, absolute bunch of so and so's, but guys.. 1 day of training!! We do that stuff for fun! Any of you had a punt at neurology recently?! Defo not defending them but let's judge on week 2 or 3!!

headshot
05-05-2014, 11:24 PM
i dident see it,doesent appeal to me looking at the trailer but i have been watching marooned and naked with ed stafford,no camera crew just him and a camera,its on discovery i think and is very watchable ,you see all the emotions,highs and lows from his water supply failing to finding the correct wood for his fire drill and getting that first flame

Fraxinus
06-05-2014, 05:19 AM
Apparently they all had a 1 day survival training course ?

With whom though?

I rest my case,;)
so glad I didn't bother watching.

Rob.

Silverback
06-05-2014, 07:59 AM
I watched 'The Crimson Field' on catch up instead.....

It wouldn't surprise me if that was exactly what the production team wanted folks to think. To get folks to tell mate to watch. That is after all what telly is about generally..viewing figures so they can sell advertising.

Chubbs
06-05-2014, 08:01 AM
It wouldn't surprise me if that was exactly what the production team wanted folks to think. To get folks to tell mate to watch. That is after all what telly is about generally..viewing figures so they can sell advertising.

Spot on

Silverback
06-05-2014, 08:11 AM
I've done some telly in recent years on one production they dubbed a dog barking onto the soundtrack post filming which isn't actually what the dog did, or what is trained for that role.....they did it simply because they thought it would sit better with the target audience

luresalive
06-05-2014, 08:34 AM
The ember bundle was made of coconut fibre, the coconuts could be seen on the beach over the shoulders of the guys doing the firebow, as well as a drift net floating in the water while they were swimming.. Bad editing or another bear grylls make believe fantasy???

Martin
06-05-2014, 08:45 AM
Watched it, loved it, can't wait for next week. A great hour's entertainment compared with a lot of the rubbish on TV these days.

Martin

Valantine
06-05-2014, 09:06 AM
Bear is 110% showman so what would you expect to see other than dodgy editing and only 2 guys sweating away with a fire bow when they should obviously take it in turns in a climate like that.
I will watch it again just to try and spot the zombies or one of the crew with a can of his favourite.
;)

David_JAFO
06-05-2014, 09:13 AM
hello,
Did anyone watch the Snooker?
Regards
David :p

Rasputin
06-05-2014, 10:30 AM
With whom though?

I rest my case,;)
so glad I didn't bother watching.

Rob.

Presumably the B G!, I wont watch it again it was quite boring but it had the potential to be soooo much better, que sera!

BJ
06-05-2014, 10:45 AM
I caught the last half and found it entertaining but a bit predictable, I may have another look if I am around at the right time. http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-char096.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)

Rasputin
06-05-2014, 10:47 AM
hello,
Did anyone watch the Snooker?
Regards
David :p

lol

alvino78
06-05-2014, 11:39 AM
Watched it, loved it, can't wait for next week. A great hour's entertainment compared with a lot of the rubbish on TV these days.

Martin

i agree. beats normal tv