PDA

View Full Version : The Essex&Kent Breakfast Club Meet(spring)

Tony1948
13-05-2014, 03:46 PM
I'v found a camp site just outside the Smoke where we can have an open fire on the edge of epping forest.Only downer,its £8 anight and £3 if you wont to take you'r car on to the site.you can get it up on Google to take a look,Deben House camp site, let me now if you'r up for it...............Atb.........Tony.:camping:

mark
13-05-2014, 06:40 PM
Do you fancy organising this one then tony ?

Ehecatl
13-05-2014, 06:49 PM
....... and £3 if you wont to take you'r car on to the site........

Did it say how much it is to get towed off the site afterwards? :happy-clapping:

Trent
13-05-2014, 06:56 PM
£1 for a dog? Thats good value:o

simonkent
13-05-2014, 07:11 PM
How about www.badgellswoodcamping.co.uk, its this side of the water in kent, open fires allowed and plenty of trees to hang from.
I think you have to purchase fire wood from site, which does not bother me tbh.
Great bit of land for a wander round as well.
I could also probably sort my mates land out, but parking is not great and you have to share the woods with his tanks etc...

mark
14-05-2014, 05:25 AM
The Kent site looks interesting. But I don't mind playing with the tanks. All we need is 1/4 acre to play on.

Tony1948
14-05-2014, 08:48 AM
How about www.badgellswoodcamping.co.uk (http://www.badgellswoodcamping.co.uk), its this side of the water in kent, open fires allowed and plenty of trees to hang from.
I could also probably sort my mates land out, but parking is not great and you have to share the woods with his tanks etc.......I'v had a look on the interweb and this place dont look bad for £12-50 per,n,pp,it look like they like you to buy there wood for fires but that ant no problem we can all chip in on that,any thoughts about the date and how menny of the group can make it,lets have some names,and if there is any newbees that would like to join us you will be most welcome.numbers guys we need to now:camping:.

Chippy
18-05-2014, 09:07 AM
I am interested in this one......

Ehecatl
18-05-2014, 12:04 PM
Depends when Tony. If I'm free I'll be there :o

Tony1948
18-05-2014, 12:47 PM
I'm free any weekend,me retired:happy-clapping:you guys sort it out between you.The thing is if we go to the Kent site at badgellswood we have to book it in advance and pay a Deposit.

simonkent
18-05-2014, 05:42 PM
well i am in the middle of moving at the moment and living out of two houses until i exchange on mine, all my gear is in the thanet house, im happy to stay anywhere but it hard for me to commit as could be doing the full move within the next few weeks,
as long as its not moving weekend count me in.
did you guys want me to ask my mate about permission at his?

Tony1948
19-05-2014, 01:37 PM
well i am in the middle of moving at the moment and living out of two houses until i exchange on mine, all my gear is in the thanet house, im happy to stay anywhere but it hard for me to commit as could be doing the full move within the next few weeks,
as long as its not moving weekend count me in.
did you guys want me to ask my mate about permission at his?.....If you could it would be good of you Simon,what Town is it near?

simonkent
19-05-2014, 04:09 PM
Swanley I guess is the nearest town, but the land is out in the valley opposite brands hatch circuit.

Tony1948
19-05-2014, 04:40 PM
Thats not to far from me,I'm just down the road from Lakeside on the other side of the river.

f0rm4t
23-05-2014, 06:58 AM
:evilgrin:

simonkent
28-05-2014, 11:33 AM
well sorry lads but at the moment its a temporary no to my mates land, just until he gets his security sorted out up there.
But once he can lock all his stuff up he has said it will be fine.
so back to plan b, the camp site?

f0rm4t
28-05-2014, 07:57 PM
We could always do a stealth camp. A local wood to me is part of a large agricultural estate. Half a KM off the road and in the middle of nowhere. The farm tenant gives not one shite. Had loads of nights with the kids and never been disturbed. M@ has spent a night over there too, as I remember, trollyed and slept inside a.... M@?

bopdude
28-05-2014, 10:08 PM
Any overnighter would be good, and soon, thinking of grabbing one this weekend, a solo job, or other if anyone is interested.

Tony1948
28-05-2014, 10:56 PM
I cant do this weekend I'v done the cambelt on me Truck..........sick as a pig,a grand plus to get it fixed.

Rasputin
29-05-2014, 12:51 AM
I cant do this weekend I'v done the cambelt on me Truck..........sick as a pig,a grand plus to get it fixed.

Piston broke Tony ! I know not funny.... bent valves, or worse ?

Ehecatl
29-05-2014, 06:22 AM
We could always do a stealth camp. A local wood to me is part of a large agricultural estate. Half a KM off the road and in the middle of nowhere. The farm tenant gives not one shite. Had loads of nights with the kids and never been disturbed. M@ has spent a night over there too, as I remember, trollyed and slept inside a.... M@?

It was a denehole and I wasn't trollyed, merely "socially confused"! :happy-clapping:

simonkent
30-05-2014, 09:05 AM
Stealth camp sound good to me, should be moving next weekend with any luck so any time after that

Tony1948
02-06-2014, 12:45 PM
How about www.badgellswoodcamping.co.uk (http://www.badgellswoodcamping.co.uk), its this side of the water in kent, open fires allowed and plenty of trees to hang from.
I could also probably sort my mates land out, but parking is not great and you have to share the woods with his tanks etc... OK guys hope everyones good.In the next 2or3 weeks me and Dave are going to book 1or2 knights over the woods that Simonkent has put on this post,if anyone is intrested PM me,I'm going over there to have a look first its £12-50pp-pn,see you all sone I hope............Tony.........Dont get eaten by the bears.:camping:

f0rm4t
02-06-2014, 01:02 PM
Well Mike (aka PlusOne) will be able to walk there. Ha!

I wild camped in White Horse wood during a hike once, its a couple of woods west, all coppice though.
Count me in :D

f0rm4t
10-06-2014, 09:17 AM
Did you recce Badgells Wood on Saturday Tony?
One of my lads at work was there. He said its all coppice with an adults area and a family area, he said you could still hear the kids all night.

Tony1948
10-06-2014, 12:18 PM
No I didn't get over there,to Mutch to do and I can't get over this week end got to go see a new house,my ones just gone on the market

kermit67
04-06-2015, 09:37 PM
ive been to badgells wood gd site can easy get cars on & off site you need to take your own water & buy fire wood as they don't like it being taken from the woods there is a adult bit & there's composting toilets showers & wash area all off grid ( no drinking water ) a gd site had a British bushcraft meet there they have a parachute up for there courses & mega rope swings meant for kids ( us big kids lol ) will sort out & add some pics tomorrow

ian c
05-06-2015, 07:23 PM
I would like to get out and hang my hammock.

Ehecatl
08-06-2015, 09:16 AM
I would like to get out and hang my hammock.

I'll publish some dates in the near future for a Yalding meet as I know some of you were wanting to use your air weapons.

Tony1948
08-06-2015, 12:04 PM
Nice one M@T^

kermit67
08-06-2015, 12:05 PM
awesome look forward to it

ian c
08-06-2015, 06:54 PM
That would be great Matt if needed I can always bring a couple of spares.

Markeff
25-06-2015, 10:55 AM
Hi Tony, I will be up for it if I am available (not retired & shifts 😕)