PDA

View Full Version : the larson hammock

wildish64
04-06-2014, 12:07 AM
spotted this today. i would part with $165 for one

Valantine
04-06-2014, 11:21 AM
Looks interesting how much does it weigh ?

OakAshandThorn
04-06-2014, 01:12 PM
Dang, $165? For that I could buy two DD camping hammocks and have a little left over.

wildish64
04-06-2014, 03:46 PM
here's a link for them..found it even cheaper and it turns out you dont need a tarp with them either
http://www.amazon.co.uk/LAWSON-CAMPING-HAMMOCK-TENT-MAMUT/dp/B00I8QJPFY

OakAshandThorn
04-06-2014, 10:36 PM
here's a link for them..found it even cheaper and it turns out you dont need a tarp with them either
http://www.amazon.co.uk/LAWSON-CAMPING-HAMMOCK-TENT-MAMUT/dp/B00I8QJPFY
Now that's interesting... :)

AJ
05-06-2014, 07:44 AM
Looks interesting. I can see if you can't "get on" with traditional hammocks this one might suit you better. I'd need to try it though (and not on the edge of a river on the first try, I can that ending badly for me lol)

Disclaimer. Never tried 'hanging' but will try it one day.
Edit. To an untrained eye it looks like one of those very expensive bivi things that I can't remember the name of.

The_Taffinch
05-06-2014, 06:20 PM
Edit. To an untrained eye it looks like one of those very expensive bivi things that I can't remember the name of.

Erblestock Micro Condo? Hmmm...nice.

AJ
05-06-2014, 08:07 PM
Thanks, I knew someone would know what I was talking about!

Stevie B
07-06-2014, 02:06 PM
I bought one of these recently, roomy inside, good waterproofing and no need for an additional tarp.
Didn't like the hang though and found it a little cold at the head end (though i did find i sweated a lot inside) and took me a long time to get rid, think in the end it went via ebay.

I'd try it out first if poss and word of caution, don't buy the tree huggers they 'advise' 'compliments the hammock' - you'd struggle to get them round a lamppost!

I'm now back to my trusty tried and tested TW and have a new found love and appreciation of it!

Welsh woodsman
20-07-2014, 09:57 PM
I have one they are very comfortable , a little tricky to set up right at first but once you get the hang of it it's easy. There's lots of space because of the spread bars which is nice. It has a water proof bottom also so it can be used as tent/bivy. The only down sides are that it does come with any rope and it's not as compact as some hammocks such as Hennessy.

Great hammock and you can find it cheaper than that , I think I paid £120 for mine at amazon.

The_Taffinch
20-07-2014, 10:07 PM
Can anyone give me an idea of the pack size of one of these? I am looking to use it as a hooped bivi, but would like to know how it compares pack weight/size-wise with some of my other options.