PDA

View Full Version : Flint Arrow Heads

David_JAFO
28-08-2014, 09:08 PM
hello,
Anyone on the forum have or where I could obtain some flint arrow heads just one or two? A friend of mine has taken up archery & I've borrowed a longbow looking at making some arrows soon off for some target practice etc.. on a spot of land I own & looking for flint arrowheads until such times I have time to get around to attempting such, need to replenish my flint stash first. Any gen appreciated.
Regards
David

Valantine
29-08-2014, 09:08 AM
Start by using cheap arrows for practice till you get used to the bow, flint arrow heads wont last long enough.

Tony1948
29-08-2014, 09:37 AM
There are loads on eBay David.

David_JAFO
29-08-2014, 03:53 PM
hello,
Thanks for the replies. I've done archery over the years compound & longbow it's my friend who's taken up such now & I was hoping to get the opportunity to resource a few flint arrowheads to get him started, incl' making a few from scratch. I've got a few small pieces of flint I could possibly make a few very small heads with but was hoping to resource a few slightly larger flakes or heads until such times these can be resourced. Weather pending this weekend (monsoon) off over to my bug out retreat for some Bushcraft.
Regards
David