PDA

View Full Version : Hot Tenting

Chubbs
20-11-2014, 07:33 PM
Evening all.

I have two brand new Gazebo's doing nothing in the shed. These come with loads of powder coated aluminum poles, so I had an idea.

I don't do a lot of camping in the colder months, whether it be in the Hammock or ground dwelling. I think I will get out more if I turned to Hot Tenting, which is something I have been looking at for a while. The guys over the pond do it a lot and I can really see the appeal of being in a tented structure with its own free central heating.

I'm thinking of making a walled bell tent type of design that has enough room for two and space for a very small stove. I already have an ex forces canvas chimney to sew into the roof but I'm stuck for ideas of something cheap to cover it with. It needs to be material, because its cheap and I also have about a gallon and a half of Fabsil to waterproof it with.

Anybody got any ideas.

Cheers.

saxonaxe
20-11-2014, 09:56 PM
Maybe an economical way of doing it would be to buy something like this in a lightweight polytarp..http://www.thanettoolsupplies.co.uk/product/1529/tarp-round-33ft-x-33ft-silver. Make your frame and drape the poly tarp over it, cut the tarp to fit, then seal the seams?..

Chubbs
20-11-2014, 10:19 PM
I never thought of something as basic as a tarp.

In the loft I do have a tent footprint that measures 8 x 7 metres. Its got a 5000mm HH and packs down really well. Its basically just a tarp but a little better made.

Cheers Saxonaxe, you have now got the mind working.

Cheers