PDA

View Full Version : Help deciding which of these two packs to get?

Law
10-01-2015, 10:04 PM
Im torn between these two rucksacks, can anyone help me out on this one?

There's there Gelert Explorer 65l

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B006OU3F2A?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

Or the Pro Force 66l

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Pro-Force-Waterproof-Rucksack-Backpack/dp/B004P2V2YC/ref=pd_sim_sbs_sg_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=0G1S485NZKZFT46X1ZXM

Suggestions? Both seem pretty good.

TheDaddy187
10-01-2015, 10:32 PM
both seem pretty simmilar to me...

so i would suggest going on the colour... do you want black thats less "stealthy"
or the green thats more "military"

i would also base the pack on the ability to hold my gear...

i purchased mine after seeing places for all my gear to sit with a few extra spots for future gear to sit...

my pack is only 40l but holds everything well with some extra space for bits i want to add

saxonaxe
10-01-2015, 10:43 PM
Any chance you can track them down in local suppliers so that you perhaps put them on? Packs can be quite individual really as regards fit, ease of use etc: I've never got on with those 'split' two compartment types, I like one big compartment and side pockets, but others like the split pack style. As far as Pro Force kit is concerned, I've had a Pro Force 30 litre day sack that has served as a Range bag, vehicle bag, cushion to sit on and just about everything else for years, so can't fault the quality ( at least not ones made back awhile)..:)

TheDaddy187
10-01-2015, 10:53 PM
yeah i prefer one big compartment with pockets and plenty of straps and stuff to add to it as i see fit...

Law
10-01-2015, 11:15 PM
Both are actually the split compartment type, but yeah the proforce seems to have more side pockets. Was hoping someone had had some experience with either. I might just go with the proforce.

jus_young
11-01-2015, 07:17 AM
I believe Ashley uses a smaller Pro Force or very similar and has done for some time. I have experience of neither but given the choice I would go the same due to the side pockets being usable and accessible

Valantine
11-01-2015, 10:42 AM
Best to find them locally if possible to test for fit and comfort.

rodger55@blueyonder.co.uk
11-01-2015, 08:07 PM
I would go for a DD bergan. 2 removeable side pockets ans a removeable belt pack. 45Lt in all and around £40 at Greenman Bushcraft.