PDA

View Full Version : camouflage clothing

tds123
09-02-2015, 11:10 AM
Right, there is really only one way to put this, I'm a bit, er fat! Lol but also big built, I've a 42 waist, a 52 chest and a 19.5 neck! And I'm finding it hard to find camouflage clothing big enough. I've tried army surplus etc but for some reasone they don't let fat baxxxxds in the army! Lol, if anyone knows where I can get my hands on some over sized, but not over priced gear, I'd appreciate it
Cheers
Tim

midas
09-02-2015, 11:52 AM
My Browning realtree padded suit,is 3xl,n is plenty roomy for my 40waist.think it would fit 50"built in braces n comes up to my chestline which is 48"plenty of room .jacket a loose fit over thermals,hoody ,trousers,!!
I think they go upto 5xl.especially if you look at the american market.They tend to have "LARGE people".
I wanted a 2xl,but as they were in Sportsmans sale n no stock of 2xl.i settled for their offer of 3xl.glad plenty of room.bout 3 years ago Think it was bargain of the year at around £30.but then it was bankrupt stock.

tds123
09-02-2015, 12:12 PM
Thanks mike I,lol have a look for them, do you know a web site for them?

David_JAFO
09-02-2015, 03:13 PM
hello,
tds123 never had a problem buying XXL or XXXL pending what I'm looking for. Maybe try http://www.britishmilitarysurplus.co.uk/ If you e-mail them they will get back to you with any kit enquiries. Good luck :wink:
Regards
David

tds123
09-02-2015, 03:34 PM
You star, thanks mate!

Valantine
09-02-2015, 03:57 PM
Have you tried ebay, i managed to find big stuff on there T^

jbrown14
09-02-2015, 06:20 PM
especially if you look at the american market.They tend to have "LARGE people".

Well I WAS going to get offended, but I just went up a size in my work trousers and went from L to XL in my favorite v-neck t-shirts. :D I was also up 3-4 pounds at my last doctor visit from the previous one... :eek:

So, yeah, the American market would definitely tend to have camo that caters to the corpulent.

Good luck!

Josh
(the fat american) :)

midas
09-02-2015, 06:30 PM
Right, there is really only one way to put this, I'm a bit, er fat! Lol but also big built, I've a 42 waist, a 52 chest and a 19.5 neck! And I'm finding it hard to find camouflage clothing big enough. I've tried army surplus etc but for some reasone they don't let fat baxxxxds in the army! Lol, if anyone knows where I can get my hands on some over sized, but not over priced gear, I'd appreciate it
Cheers
Tim
You could try www.jackpyke.co.uk or www.bushwear.co.uk. this firm lists 52"chest as 5xl..trousers 42" as 3xl.their jackets go to 6xl as54"chest.6xl in trousers 50"waist.
Company I bought mine from was taken over as went bust,hense the bargain.
Hope these two help.

tds123
09-02-2015, 06:48 PM
Oops! Its so easy to forget that the first w in www. Stands for world!!! Lol, oh and thanks for all the suggestions everyone, if you don't see me around for a while, you'll know I've got it sorted...... Sorry! It was bad I know!

midas
09-02-2015, 07:16 PM
Strange I only wear the padded cammo suit because its warm.not because its a "RealTree"can't see me suit.
I have a thin padded brown suit,i wear in the woods with a bright scarlet jacket over the top of it.
as long as i sit still whilst awaiting the Wild Boar.I'm often nearly knocked of my stool by Fallow Deer,Roe Deer,and on one occasion a Bear.Foxs n kunas too,wander bye without seeing you.
also have Tweeds for more formal shooting.

tds123
09-02-2015, 08:02 PM
I have never bothered with camouflage clothes in the past, just stuck to stuff that resembles the habitat, at that time of year and done OK, but my Mrs is fed up with me ruining my clothes, so I've been ordered to kit my self out and from what I've seen there is some better patterns on the market now and all the local crows, pigeons, magpies and jackdaws know me so well now that even if I walk through the village to go to the shop, they go nuts! The new hide I'm building in the back garden will help too!

haytor7
09-02-2015, 08:11 PM
hi. https://www.knightsurplus.co.uk/ I take it you have tried boogie knight in Plymouth..?

midas
10-02-2015, 11:06 AM
I find covering face n hands,more important than cammo.Tho like you tim Ive got whiskers too.so I'm half way there.lol.

midas
10-02-2015, 11:14 AM
hi. https://www.knightsurplus.co.uk/ I take it you have tried boogie knight in Plymouth..?

Note!!Both, Cammo jackets on here not avialable at this time!!.
Also only cammo trousers.30" waist only!!!

tds123
10-02-2015, 11:20 AM
whiskers rule mike, except I keep being told I look like a terrorist! Lol I've been out all morning cutting wood for my hide, back off out in a minute to do more! I normally just have a tent, cam netted up, but all the bushcraft stuff has got me inspired!

tds123
10-02-2015, 11:22 AM
Oh and mike thanks for looking for me, very kind.��

midas
10-02-2015, 11:26 AM
whiskers rule mike, except I keep being told I look like a terrorist! Lol I've been out all morning cutting wood for my hide, back off out in a minute to do more! I normally just have a tent, cam netted up, but all the bushcraft stuff has got me inspired!
They say I look like Col Saunders,of KFC,when I got my stetson on.lol.
Best of luck with the Hide building.remember it don't wanna look pretty.lol.but break uyp the shapes,n blend into the background.

Rasputin
10-02-2015, 11:49 AM
Hi Tim, when I dont want to be seen (which is a lot of the time ) I use German army flecktarn, its a good camo, its tough as old boots and its relativly cheap, check it out on fleabay, Ken

Rasputin
10-02-2015, 11:51 AM
They say I look like Col Saunders,of KFC,when I got my stetson on.lol.
Best of luck with the Hide building.remember it don't wanna look pretty.lol.but break uyp the shapes,n blend into the background. Oh they say worse than that Mike ! :evilgrin: :jumping-joy:

midas
10-02-2015, 12:11 PM
Oh they say worse than that Mike ! :evilgrin: :jumping-joy:

Very true lol.Ken.
Had a pair of padded trousers,n jeep coat in flectarn/rain drop,Picked it up at an Arms Fair.
Was very Hardwearing.n not over the top "cammo Pattern Look".
Travelling to some war torn countries in persute of Wild Boar.Wearing Cammo.n caring a rifle was not a good idea.lol.

tds123
10-02-2015, 12:52 PM
This is what I'm building in the garden, so far just the rough frame, that I'm going to stuff with greenery.
And this is the field at the back of the garden where i bait the crows etc with dead pigeons and decoys and a crow call, works a treat!
Its great having all this in the back garden, helps keep me sane...ish! Lol

OakAshandThorn
10-02-2015, 01:56 PM
Well I WAS going to get offended, but I just went up a size in my work trousers and went from L to XL in my favorite v-neck t-shirts. :D I was also up 3-4 pounds at my last doctor visit from the previous one... :eek:

So, yeah, the American market would definitely tend to have camo that caters to the corpulent.

Good luck!

Josh
(the fat american) :)
Tell me about it! I went to the local outdoor supply store recently, and their Mossy Oak and Realtree camo were all xl and up....and I'm a thin lightweight :p lol.

jbrown14
10-02-2015, 05:11 PM
Tim, that's a fantastic back garden! You're one lucky man! :D T^

I saw some German flecktarn pattern anoraks a couple of years back at a local army-navy store, and I'm still kicking myself for not picking one up as I haven't seen one there since.

You'll have to grow into your American body, Jon. Don't let yourself get left behind. :) I'm 6'1" and weighed out at 225lb a couple of weeks ago, but I've been more sedentary in recent years.

It's a rightly deserved stereotype that we Americans are on the larger side, it's a growing problem (ha!.) Rest assured that I couldn't take offense to any remarks when spoken as a matter of fact. This is truly a world-wide forum that has given me opportunity to converse with folks from every part of the globe. What a priviledge!

All the best,

Josh

tds123
10-02-2015, 05:36 PM
Thanks mate, its awesome thinking oh I feel like shooting, opening the back door and I'm there;)