PDA

View Full Version : Wooden coffee stirrers

roger352
07-03-2015, 09:28 AM
When every I get a cup of coffee I always get to 2 or 3 extra wooden coffee stirrers. Cut in half makes great kindling for fire starting.

David_JAFO
07-03-2015, 09:50 AM
hello,
I've made a fan shape Boomerang out of these using 5 coffee stirrers & it stays in flight but breaks up on impact. Used to make these out of ice lolly sticks as a lad. I couldn't find a descent image online found a similar link on You Tube.
Regards
David
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQ0ioiTQ0sE

beermaker
08-03-2015, 04:13 PM
I always get extra coffee stirrers and use them to mix epoxy resin when I'm fibreglassing!

Rapha
08-03-2015, 04:33 PM
had someone of you tried modern coffee pads for preparing coffee outdoors?
you can use it the same way like a tea bag and it also rot in nature. works well. but i recommend to use two pads by 8oz (or 250ml)
have a tasty coffee

David_JAFO
08-03-2015, 07:22 PM
hello,
Not in Bushcraft but thanks for the reminder.
Regards
David
T^

had someone of you tried modern coffee pads for preparing coffee outdoors?
you can use it the same way like a tea bag and it also rot in nature. works well. but i recommend to use two pads by 8oz (or 250ml)
have a tasty coffee

Rapha
08-03-2015, 07:43 PM
if you try it, you should push the pad against the cup with a spoon (of course inside of the cup ;-))
the gain is you wont have any crumbs. but you use a very civilized and lazy product ;-)

midas
08-03-2015, 08:07 PM
Ive used the PODS in my espresso m/c.but perfer the ground stuff.
Its nice to have the coffee pot bubbling on the fire.N my portable espresso pot make a great cup of coffee.

Rapha
09-03-2015, 09:17 AM
portable espresso maker is definitly the better way to get a tasty coffee. but if you are too lazy to carry too much stuff it is a good alternative

Rasputin
09-03-2015, 09:38 AM
Used to make these out of ice lolly sticks as a lad. T^ showing your age there David lol

midas
09-03-2015, 01:52 PM
portable espresso maker is definitly the better way to get a tasty coffee. but if you are too lazy to carry too much stuff it is a good alternative
I've got a JEEP,Rapha!.Like my luxuries,n were I wild camp in Scottland.I can Bivvi upto the burn were I pan/sluice.
enjoy the comforts of a camp,campfire etc.though wood is scarce,so i have a rocket stove.n truck in my fuel.also use a woodgas stove,in which we burn Woodpellets--"Cat Litter."very cheap,n provide good heat.Local shepherds,often calls in for a "Cuppa" n a wee Dram of Scotch...giving me updates,as to were best spots have been.etc.
also save all the wooden Chip forks,more greasey the better.lol.

Chubbs
10-03-2015, 04:44 PM
I saw coffee bags for the first time a couple of weeks ago in a local Home Bargains store.

I nearly picked them up but resisted as I prefer my coffee fresh and strong. Plus, whats the point buying a GSI coffee press if I take insipid coffee bags.

David_JAFO
11-03-2015, 05:02 PM
hello,
Aye that was before I could reach up to the bar in Lauders & ask for a Lemonade :p
Regards
David

T^ showing your age there David lol