PDA

View Full Version : Lost tribe

delboy
22-04-2015, 04:28 PM
Not much information but I found it an interesting article....http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/travel_news/article-3049022/The-island-dangerous-visit-Mysterious-Sentinelese-tribe-rejected-outsiders-60-000-years-try-kill-sets-foot-land.html

David_JAFO
22-04-2015, 06:57 PM
hello,
Interesting indeed. There was a programme on BBC (I think?) a few years ago 2 or was it 3 guys? living with indigenous tribes across the globe & they passed through an area allegedly where the tribe hadn't seen a white man before. So there must be some other parts of the planet that modern civilisation hasn't even seen yet regardless of this being the 21st Century. I'd say IMO leave them alone.
Regards
David

Invicta
22-04-2015, 07:14 PM
Absolutely agree with you David.

Dreward
22-04-2015, 08:19 PM
Well said David...their immune system alone may not be able to handle 21st century disease or infection, potentially, making a common cold lethal to them....

Magicdave
22-04-2015, 11:30 PM
Definitely, a few years back I went to see Ray Mears do a talk and he spoke of something worse than disease. It was the introduction of alcohol to tribes such as this. He admitted having done this himself as a sort of peace offering. But later found out it was a bad thing.

Durham Bushcrafter
23-04-2015, 12:21 PM
Yes Magicdave, Alcohol has brought MISERY to Native American indians, Aboriginies and Native Alaskan tribes.....so much so that a bottle of Jack Daniels is worth $400 or more in some parts of Aaska, and their are jail terms for supplying.

Dreward
23-04-2015, 03:07 PM
Coffee was another substance that had a detrimental effect on indigenous people and practically turned Eskimos into drug addicts...they would hunt for skins and be desperately waiting for the trading ships to come in....

David_JAFO
24-04-2015, 12:16 PM
hello,
I think I've found the pair of adventurers who came across a similar tribe? Mark & Olly: Living with the Tribes *Mark Anstice Oliver Steeds. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_%26_Olly:_Living_with_the_Tribes
Regards
David