PDA

View Full Version : German Army Poncho

Humakt
12-04-2016, 05:58 PM
Anyone know a good, reliable, stockist who has one of those rubberised German army ponchos?
I can find them online but I don't know how good the retailer is, so wondered if anyone knew a decent stockist who had them.
Cheeeeeeeeeeers

David_JAFO
13-04-2016, 03:25 PM
hello,
Check with this surplus store in Lanark (Scotland). It's like Aladdin's cave inside :p They have various NATO kit in stock best to call them than check online. Lanark Surplus 35 Bannatyne Street Lanark ML11 7JR Tel: 01555 660097. I have another resource I'll check for you also..
Regards
David

shepherd
16-04-2016, 05:16 PM
hello mate, i dont have an army poncho, but i do have a very heavy duty, good quality, rubberish poncho which un-snaps down the seams so it can be used as a tarp which i am unlikely to use again, id be happy to send it to you if you gave me an address?

David_JAFO
16-04-2016, 06:16 PM
hello,
Awesome GAW Shepherd.
Regards
David
T^

Humakt
17-04-2016, 06:13 AM
hello mate, i dont have an army poncho, but i do have a very heavy duty, good quality, rubberish poncho which un-snaps down the seams so it can be used as a tarp which i am unlikely to use again, id be happy to send it to you if you gave me an address?

That sounds just like the kind I was after. But I've managed to get hold of one now so no longer need one. The offer is gratefully appreciated though. Cheers.

shepherd
17-04-2016, 11:08 AM
no worries .. :)T^

CheddarMan
01-06-2016, 05:13 PM

How cheeky is someone allowed to be on here?

David_JAFO
01-06-2016, 06:02 PM
hello,
"I had" another resource it's now gone I'm afraid. At least you got sorted in the end.
Regards
David

rik_uk3
01-06-2016, 06:10 PM
That sounds just like the kind I was after. But I've managed to get hold of one now so no longer need one. The offer is gratefully appreciated though. Cheers.

Be prepared to sweat a lot...lots and lots :)

Blundstoned Love
10-08-2016, 09:18 PM
On a connected note, what glue would you use to repair a German poncho? Mine's got a tear where the cotton tie inside has pulled. I was thinking the glue from a cycle repair kit.

David_JAFO
11-08-2016, 05:09 PM
hello Blundstoned Love,
BCUSA buddy.. :p Yes bicycle puncture repair outfit glue is just fine & dandy does the trick.
Regards
David

On a connected note, what glue would you use to repair a German poncho? Mine's got a tear where the cotton tie inside has pulled. I was thinking the glue from a cycle repair kit.

Blundstoned Love
11-08-2016, 07:32 PM
Thanks.

The next question is do I have any? I think I do. Otherwise a quick visit to the Pound shop.

David_JAFO
12-08-2016, 10:01 AM
hello,
BTW.. the transparent plastic container that the puncture repair outfit comes with it makes an excellent FSK tinderbox.. just my 2p worth. :p
Regards
David

Thanks.
The next question is do I have any? I think I do. Otherwise a quick visit to the Pound shop.

Woody
12-08-2016, 09:14 PM
hello,
BTW.. the transparent plastic container that the puncture repair outfit comes with it makes an excellent FSK tinderbox.. just my 2p worth. [emoji14]
Regards
David
Good tip! I got one of those kicking around somewhere, I knew it come in handy somewhen....
Thanks David

midas
13-08-2016, 04:38 PM
Be aware "RUBBER SOLUTION "in tyre repair kits is for the "new"thin vulcanising patchs and aint like the PROPER RUBBER SOLUTION of old.I'd go for a good contact adiesive.

David_JAFO
13-08-2016, 05:41 PM
hello,
Whoo hoo.. Midas is back (calm down David) :o a tube of EvoStik serious glue should do the trick. If you've already purchased a puncture repair outfit stick with it (pardon the pun) :p the contents can still be used in Bushcraft/Survival EDC kit rubber patches are good for fire starting & the tin a FSK container in itself. :campfire:
Regards
David

Be aware "RUBBER SOLUTION "in tyre repair kits is for the "new"thin vulcanising patchs and aint like the PROPER RUBBER SOLUTION of old.I'd go for a good contact adiesive.

CheddarMan
13-08-2016, 06:05 PM
Don't faff about with patches, get some Stormsure..... http://www.stormsure.com/index.php/adhesives.html

Spread it on, bingo.

All your worries will vanish. Amazon is the best place to get it.